PCT Day 50 – Friday June 2
Zero in Tehachapi
Today was the most un-relaxing zero day on the trail so far. I had my resupply boxes and new air mattress shipped to the town of Mojave which was about a half hour drive away. Not wanting to spend hours walking around town and waiting for buses in 90 degree heat, I decided the most efficient method of transportation was to just rent a car. So we spent most of the day driving around and doing errands.
Here’s what we did today:
- Drove to Mojave to pick up my resupply boxes and new air mattress
- Drove another half hour to the Lancaster Big 5 to get backpacking fuel canisters. Both the towns of Mojave and Lancaster were completely sold out
- Drove an hour back to Tehachapi and got massages (ok this part of the day was pretty great)
- Ate lunch at a Japanese restaurant
- Shopped at the grocery store for additional food for our resupply boxes
- Drove to the post office in Tehachapi to bounce a box forward
- Returned the rental car just before they closed at 6:00 pm
I got to spend about a half hour relaxing at the pool and then spent another hour re-packing my bag with all my new supplies.
Back on the trail again tomorrow. Woo!